Pages

BeatMaster Radio

Free Shoutcast HostingRadio Stream Hosting

May 3, 2007

Giant pothole forms spontaneously in Chinese province

Having lived in Detroit for a period of time, I can attest to the damage that potholes can inflict on a car's suspension. One particularly bad crator nearly threw me and my little Mazda Protege off a stretch of I-75 just south of the city one time. Still, despite the crumbling roads of Michigan caused by overweight semis running back and forth, I've never encountered a pot hole like the one that recently formed in Nanchang in the Jiangxi Province of China. The giant hole apparently opened up on its own this week, taking 72 square meters of road surface with it. It's depth is seven meters, which would easily swallow a Protege bearing myself as cargo and a half dozen other cars, as well. Thankfully, no injuries were reported, but if the Jiangxi Department of Transportation is anything like MDOT, we expect a road crew, some orange barrels and one serious order of asphalt to be on the scene by June.

[Source: Autoblog]

0 comments: